As you know, sports betting is different from other forms of gambling because there are no set formulae or systems that you can apply blindly. This is no substitute for knowledge about the sport and a thorough understanding of the rules and the odds of your particular bet. You have to know how to apply the spread to the particular conditions for the game. You can make sports bets over the phone, at a casino or on one of the many online sports books and you have a dazzling variety of bets ranging from the simple money line bets to the complicated parlays and teasers. We would recommend online sports books for the following reasons:
1. You can bet from the comfort of your house sitting in front of your own computer.
2. Online sports books are open 24/7 and you can bet at the time and from the place of your choosing.
3. You generally tend to get better odds and to benefit from the earlier posting of odds.
4. You can place a wide variety of bets on a large number of sports Indian Sports Betting in different countries.
5. The minimum bet is normally one dollar and even the maximum bets will generally suit highflyers.
Be careful in your selection of online sports books because a large number of them will only give you a problem and take your money. Look through at least two to three reviews and make a commonsense judgment. Familiarize yourself with the rules and make sure the one you select suits your budget and your style of betting.
Protect yourself against frauds. Because of the proliferation of online betting and the vast sums of money that change hands, the criminals are not too far behind. Use the following commonsense precautions to protect yourself against fraud:
6. Only bet with sports books that have a track record and an impeccable reputation.
7. Never respond to e-mail that purports to come from your sports book or bookmaker. The object of this phishing is to extract your login and password and then vanish with your money.
8. Beware of sports books that provide favorable odds and large bonuses and then produce a string of excuses when it comes to pay out. Fraudulent books have been known to manipulate odds so investigate any unusual betting losses.